International Students Admissions - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          School of Graduate Studies
          140 Butterfield Hall
          310 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2856
          Toll Free: (888) 845-2890
          Fax: (814) 732-2611

          Kate Damico Upham
          Graduate Admissions Coordinator
          Office: Butterfield 140
          Phone: (814) 732-2856

          International Students Admissions

          The following steps are necessary for international students to complete for submission of a graduate application to Edinboro University.

          International Graduate Student Application

          The international graduate student application can be found here. Complete the two page form and submit your $30 application fee. 

          In order to process your application in a timely fashion, please submit all requested information no later than March 15 for the Fall semester (February 1 if applying for a graduate assistantship) and August 15 for the Spring semester. 

          If you are unable to secure a student visa, your advance payment will be refunded minus any processing fees. The refund will be processed after we receive your written request to cancel acceptance. If you accept our offer of admission, you must comply with the advanced payment requirement. This requirement is not intended to be an inconvenience. Rather, it is meant to demonstrate your strong intention to attend our University.

          Review Specific Program Requirements

          View a list of graduate programs


          You are required to submit proof of completion of a bachelor’s degree that would be the equivalent of an American education bachelor’s degree. Request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If you attend(ed) a university outside the United States, contact World Education Services at to obtain a credential evaluation. We will then review the completed evaluation information. Please consult their website for complete instructions on how to obtain this evaluation, and instruct WES to forward the completed evaluation to:

          Edinboro University, School of Graduate Studies
          Butterfield Hall, Suite 140
          310 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444

          Evidence of English Language Proficiency

          English is the language of instruction at Edinboro University. International students must be able to read, write and comprehend English sufficiently to participate and study in an academic program. If your language is not English, you must provide evidence of English Language Proficiency by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL official website is The Educational Testing Service (ETS) should send your TOEFL score directly to Edinboro University. Our TOEFL institution code is 2651.

          The following chart states the minimum required test results from each respective testing organization:

          Testing OrganizationGraduate Requirement   
           TOEFL (paper-based) 550
           TOEFL (iBT) 79
           IETLS Indicator 6.5
           Pearson 53

          Reference Letters

          Provide three letters of reference if required by the program you are applying to.

          Aptitude Test

          If the program requires, provide an official copy of the MAT or GRE test scores must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies.

          Student Transfer Notification

          If you are currently attending another college or university within the United States and you would like to transfer to Edinboro University, the foreign student advisor at your current college or university must complete the Student Transfer Notification Form.

          Official Financial Documents

          If admitted into a program at Edinboro University, you must show proof of sufficient funding to cover the costs of studying at Edinboro University for one academic year. This evidence is required by U.S. Immigration Rules and Regulations to obtain an immigration document (I-20 or D-2019), which is needed to apply for the F-1 or J-1 student Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Funds may come from any dependable source, including scholarships, sponsoring agencies, personal funds, or funds from the student's family. Documentation of scholarships and sponsoring agencies may be in the form of an official award letter. In addition to the Affidavit of Support, documentation of personal or family funds should be on bank letterhead stationery or a certified bank statement.

          Mandatory Health Insurance Coverage

          If admitted into Edinboro University—in order to serve your medical needs and provide our University physicians with information relative to your personal medical history—upon enrollment, we require that you have your family physician complete a Confidential Health Record. Edinboro University requires J and F visa holders to maintain adequate insurance coverage. International students must maintain valid medical insurance for the entire period of their enrollment at the University. For each semester of enrollment, J and F students must provide proof of insurance coverage. These requirements have been established in an attempt to provide the best medical care possible and to avoid excessive medical costs in the event of an illness or accident.