Once You are Admitted - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Undergraduate Admissions Office
          Academy Hall
          200 East Normal Street
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2761 or
          (888) 8GO-BORO (888-846-2676)
          Email: Admissions@edinboro.edu

          Once You are Admitted

          Congratulations! There are a couple of things you must do to secure your place at Edinboro and address your U.S. immigration requirements.

          Submit an Enrollment Deposit

          Accepted students must first place a $500 USD enrollment deposit to reserve their space at Edinboro University. The fee can be paid inside the U.S. to Edinboro’s Bursar’s Office in the form of a check drawn on a U.S.-based branch of a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars, or a U.S. debit or credit card. Payments made from outside the U.S. must be via Flywire.

          Obtain an I-20

          If you need an I-20 (certificate of eligibility) for an F-1 student visa, you must first pay the tuition deposit fee and submit the following documents to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

          Passport ID

          You must submit a legible photocopy of your passport ID pages.

          Financial Documents

          Affidavit of Support document, accompanied by the sponsor’s certified bank statements.

          What is an Affidavit of Support?

          An Affidavit of Support is an official financial statement that proves students will have sufficient funds available to meet all tuition and living expenses required by Edinboro University.

          You must provide an official original bank statement showing you can afford $31,034 per year on your Affidavit of Support. This amount represents a reasonable estimate of all expenses related to your education for one academic year. This bank statement must be signed and stamped by a bank official and dated no earlier than three months prior to the issuing of the I-20.

          Only students currently enrolled in a U.S. high school or college under F-1 visa status need to submit the following items:

          It is recommended that you submit your documents early, particularly if you will be applying for a new F-1 visa. All documents listed above must be received by the Admissions Office no later than the deadlines below.

          • Fall semester (begins in late August) – August 1
          • Spring semester (begins in mid-January) – December 1

          How Can I Apply for F-1 Student Visa?

          After you recieve your Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Students Status) from Edinboro University. You must obtain an F-1 student visa and apply for one at a United States Consulate or Embassy within your home country. The following documents should be brought with you when you go to either of these government offices: 

          • A valid passport
          • Your Edinboro University Form I-20
          • Financial documentation to support the I-20. You will need to provide proof of support for at least one full year of study. Examples include a bank statement, an affidavit of support from a sponsor and/or letters stating that you have been awarded a scholarship.
          • Documentation showing your intention to return to your country of residency after completing your education within the United States. Examples include papers showing that your family owns either a home, business, or other property within your country, a letter from a potential employer willing to consider you for a position after your return, or a letter from an educator stating that the knowledge you seek is greatly needed in your country.

          If you have I-20 forms from more than one college/university in your possession and have not yet decided where to attend, please note that you must attend the school whose I-20 form you use when applying for entry to the United States. You may not use one school’s I-20 to enter the United States and then, upon arrival, attend the other school. By law, you are only authorized to attend the school whose I-20 you used upon entry.

          Consult U.S. Embassies Website for updates on country-specific visa processing requirements.

          Click here to go to the United States Department of Homeland Security – Study in the States website.