FAQs - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Division of Student Affairs
          Frank G. Pogue Student Center
          405 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA  16444
          Phone: (814) 732-2313
          Fax: (814) 732-2801

          Commuter and Off-Campus Student FAQs

          Commuter students at Edinboro University can enjoy the same benefits and services as on-campus students do, connecting with others and enjoying a first rate college experience.

          Clocktown in winter time

          How does the University notify students of emergency or weather alerts?

          To notify students of emergency or weather alerts the University uses a variety of methods, such as TV, radio, website, e-mail, and the EU Shield safety app, which all students are highly encouraged to download from Google Play or the Apple App Store.

          What does a two-hour delay mean?

          If the University is on a two-hour delay, that means classes before 10 a.m. are cancelled. Only classes beginning at 10 a.m. or later are in session (i.e. you do not have to attend a 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. class at 10 a.m.). So an 8 a.m. class does not begin at 10 a.m. and a 9 a.m. class does not begin at 11 a.m. The rare exception to this is for classes that span multiple class periods (i.e., a class that is from 9 – 11 a.m.). If a class is scheduled through more than one “normal” class period, you should attend that class beginning at 10 a.m. Delays are for all Edinboro campuses unless otherwise specified.

          What if I am not able to get home from main campus? Is there a place I can stay?

          When the best laid plans go awry and you find that you are “stuck” on main campus, the Residence Life and Housing Office offers emergency housing to students at a nominal rate. Commuter students are encouraged to keep a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, any essential medication and a change of clothes in their vehicle—just in case. If you find that you must stay on campus, please contact the Residence Life and Housing Office at (814) 732-2818 during regular business hours, or the University Police at (814) 732-2921 after regular business hours.

          How should I prepare my car for winter weather?

          Visit the Federal Emergency Management website for tips on preparing your car for winter weather. Edinboro sits just 20 miles from Lake Erie and lies in a valley in the heart of the snow belt. The area is prone to sudden and heavy snow falls. Knowing that conditions may change quickly and planning ahead will save you time, money, and inconvenience on difficult winter days. 

          Does the University make recommendations for off-campus housing?

          While the University does not make recommendations for off-campus housing, we strongly suggest students contact Edinboro Borough’s Code Enforcement Officer by calling (814) 734-1812.

          What if I decide to move on campus?

          If you would like to move on campus or would like more information about on-campus housing, you can contact the Residence Life and Housing Office at (814) 732-2818 or boroliving@edinboro.edu.

          Does the University have a shuttle service?

          The Edinboro Express is Edinboro University on-campus shuttle system provided by the “e” LIFT. The Edinboro Express operates during fall, spring and winter semesters while classes are in session. Three different shuttles run on campus throughout the day.  Students can also use the Edinboro Express to go off campus to Walmart and the Millcreek Mall. All students may ride the Edinboro Express or any of the “e” routes by showing their University-issued ID card.

          If I ride the shuttle to main campus, is there a place where I can store my personal belongings?

          Yes, the Commuter Lounge located on the 2nd floor of the Pogue Student Center has lockers, couches, study areas, a computer/printer, and many more amenities.

          How can I get a parking permit to park on main campus?

          To park on main campus, you may register up to two vehicles with the University Police. Simply register your vehicle online. Once you’ve completed the form, take your registration, driver license and Edinboro ID picture card to the Police Department to receive your parking decals.

          Where can I park on campus?

          Commuters can park in any parking lot on main campus designated with an S. Parking at the Porreco location is open to all and does not require a parking decal. See the map of designated commuter parking lots for more information.

          Where can I eat on campus?

          The University has several places on main campus to eat. For a map of locations, a list of hours, menus, and commuter meal plans, visit the Boro Dining website.

          Where can I study on campus?

          The Commuter Lounge on the second floor of the Pogue Student Center is open during normal Pogue Student Center hours.  Edinboro University has several study lounges throughout class buildings, the student center and the library—including a 24/7 study lounge at the entrance to the Baron-Forness Library.

          Additional Resources

          Adult Student Services
          Baron-Forness Library
          Campus Police
          Residence Life and Housing