FAQs - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Office of Distance Education
          Ross Hall, Lower Level
          220 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-1047

          Dr. Jim Boulder
          Director of Learning Technology Services
          Office: Ross Hall, Room 19
          Phone: (814) 732-1047
          Email: jboulder@edinboro.edu

          Frequently Asked Questions

          How is an online course different than a traditional classroom course?

          All online courses are offered via the internet and do not require you to attend classes on campus. The courses are alike in that the content will meet the same learning outcomes regardless of mode.

          How do I apply for admission to Edinboro University?

          The first step in applying to attend Edinboro University is to speak with a representative from the Admissions Office.

          Do I need to purchase textbooks for my course?

          To determine if a textbook is required for a course, please use the comparison tool provided by the EU Bookstore.

          When can I access my course?

          You can access your course on the first day of the semester.

          What type of equipment do I need to take an online course?

          Please refer to D2L Tech Requirements.

          What if I cannot get into my course with my username and password?

          Please refer to Information Technology Services for password information.

          Where do I get help with technical issues?

          Problems with D2L: contact the D2L 24/7 Helpdesk – (877) 325-7778
          Problems with Blackboard Collaborate: (877) 382-2293
          Other technical issues: contact the EU Information Technology Services– (814) 732-2111

          How do I contact my online instructor?

          Contact information will be provided in your course syllabus. You can also email through D2L under the communication menu.

          Are there fees associated with proctored exams?

          If an instructor requires a proctored exam as part of the online course, you may be required to identify an external proctor who may charge a fee. Generally, proctors may include a faculty or administrator at another university or high school, a librarian at a public or high school library, or an employee at a private learning center. While many of these individuals may provide proctoring services at no charge, if there is a fee associated with the proctoring service, the student will be responsible for this fee.

          How do I get my final grade? 

          When available, your official final grades are located in the S.C.O.T.S. system.