Proctored Exam Information - Edinboro University
          Contact Info

          Office of Distance Education
          Ross Hall, Lower Level
          220 Scotland Road
          Edinboro, PA 16444
          Phone: (814) 732-1047

          Dr. Jim Boulder
          Director of Learning Technology Services
          Office: Ross Hall, Room 19
          Phone: (814) 732-1047

          Proctored Exam Information

          If a professor requires an exam to be taken in person and the student lives more than 60 miles from the University, the student may be required to arrange for someone to proctor the exam. It is the student’s responsibility to locate and obtain approval for a proctor a minimum of three weeks prior to the first proctored exam.


          The student is responsible for any fees associated with the attainment of a proctor or proctoring service.


          Please refer to the Procedure for Proctored Exams for Online Courses for detailed information on the process for undergraduate courses. Graduate students should refer to their online course curriculum and contact their professor and academic advisor for questions regarding proctored exams for online courses.

          Proctor Approval Form 

          If an external proctor is necessary for your online course, please complete the Exam Proctor Approval form at the beginning of the semester or session. Instructions are included on the form.

          Appropriate Exam Proctors 

          A student’s friend or relative may not serve as a proctor. Acceptable proctor options are specified below:

          • A member of the faculty at any regionally accredited college or university
          • An educational administrator at any regionally accredited college, university or high school
          • A full-time teacher at a regionally accredited high school
          • A librarian at a public or high school library
          • An employee at a learning center or private testing center, such as Sylvan
          • An administrator at a Pennsylvania Community Education Council facility
          • For a student in the military, an officer of higher rank than the student
          • For an incarcerated student, the institution’s education officer, librarian or chaplain