A number of external scholarships are offered to students by outside organizations, and the Edinboro University Financial Aid Office is periodically notified of these opportunities.
In addition to the scholarships listed below, students are encouraged to check for scholarships with their civic and community organizations. Churches, community foundations, Elks Clubs, Moose Lodges, etc. all offer opportunities for academic scholarships, but students must actively seek them out.
Patricia and Avraham Anouchi Scholarship Fund at the ZOA
- Must be from the Pittsburgh Zionist District of the ZOA
- Must have completed one year in an accredited college or university
- Must submit an application and proposal for a research project
- Proposal – April 1 each year
- Research Paper – October 1 each year
Contact: Zionist Organization of America; Pittsburgh District
Addison Gibson Foundation’s Low-interest Loan Program for Western PA
- Must have a family home in Western Pennsylvania (10 years +/-)
- Must have completed at least one full-time academic year at current college or university (no recent time off)
- Recent semester grades & cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better
- Must have existing educational debt within the Foundation’s established parameters (call to discuss)
- Must have good credit
Lynn S. Dunbar
Phone: (412) 261-1611
- Live in the city of Pittsburgh, continuously, without interruption, for at least the
four years of high school.
- Attend Pittsburgh public schools, continuously, without interruption, from at least the beginning of 9th grade, and through to graduation.
- Graduate with a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Maintain an attendance record of 90%.
- Meet other application requirements and criteria as listed on the website.
Contact: Pittsburgh Promise